- Be an expert at one thing. For five years we were a general design firm. Our growth came all in the last 5 years when we offered less and focused on being brand identity experts.
- Being attractive is way better than selling. When your company is desired, you don't have to rely on selling tactics, you just show up and be yourself.
- Good work is the best marketing. Do something well and people come back and tell their friends. This is much more effective than advertising.
- I'd rather lose a client than lose an employee. It's easy to prioritize clients over all else, but they are easier to find than a good employee.
- Good luck seems to follow hard work. Hard, consistent work seems to somehow produce more good luck. I don't understand this, but I've experienced it.
- Doing trumps planning. Business plans are overrated. Trying small stuff has taught me more than planning.
- Focus on results, not behaviors. Focus on work getting done, not on what time people show up to work or where they work. Work isn't about time and place; it's about getting work done.
- Hard/Easy not Easy/Hard. Have the hard conversation first, then the rest are easy. If you have the easy conversation first and the hard conversation later, trouble ensues.
- Everything is your brand. Our greatest investment in our brand was a nice office. It wasn't a logo, but it was what our customers experienced that shaped their perception of our brand.
- A good reputation is the greatest asset. It takes years to build a good reputation. It can be killed overnight. Protect it like a daughter.
10 Things I’ve Learned in 10 Years
About Inno Garage
Inno Garage is a diversified consulting group catering the startegy requirements of best companies around the world.